Here are a range of reforms primarily on council meeting procedures that I am presently advocating for -
- introduce a public question time along reasonable guidelines at the beginning of each council meeting, currently only written questions allowed.
- introduce notice of motion provisions as outlined in previous postings
- abolish Ward grants currently at $5k pa per ward spent at Crs discresion - these are seldom used and are a hangover from a previous era.
- publish on Glen Eira homepage recordings of council meetings
- also publish VCAT record on website with link to all VCAT decisions so residents, developers and objectors can see council's record on planning disputes.